Open Call: Residency for visual artists at Kunstmuseum Bochum
Together with Borderland Residencies, Kunstmuseum Bochum is offering a three-month residency for visual artists based in the Netherlands or Belgium to spend time in the city of Bochum from October 1st until December 31st 2022.
October to December 2022
Sunday, 14 August 2022
Eva Busch EBusch@bochum.de
The residency offers opportunities for exchange and collaboration with the curatorial team of the Kunstmuseum Bochum and other inspiring actors/institutions from the Ruhr region. The stay is free from production pressure and does not foresee a result like an exhibition.
Kunstmuseum Bochum is where art and its role in social developments are presented and discussed. We organize exhibitions with contemporary artists and the art of the 20th and 21st century. We offer space for discussions with and about artists, and host various events.
– October 1st until December 31st 2022 in Bochum
– Grant of 1000€ / month (3000 € in total)
– Free accommodation: private room in a shared apartment that is managed by the museum
– exchange and network of Kunstmuseum Bochum and beyond
– access to the collection of the Kunstmuseum
Who can apply
Professional visual artists residing in Belgium or the Netherlands, regardless of age.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via mail, including:
– artistic portfolio & CV (PDF, max. 3 MB)
– sketch of motivation (PDF, max. 1500 characters, max. 2 MB)